"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Thursday, May 14, 2009

This Sad Existence

(That'd be a great name for an indie band, yeah? Haha.)

There were two things that happened to me today that kinda ruined it. First off, on the way to the LRT station along Katipunan, I came across this old lady. As I was passing her, she spoke up and asked for P5. Now, I was walking pretty fast so when she spoke, I was already mostly past her. And I felt like a jerk because she was directly talking to me. For like six seconds, I was debating whether or not I should go back and give her the P5. And yeah, I need all my coins since I was commuting. But, I decided to give her the P5 because I had a hundred in my wallet so I really didn't need the five. I turned back and caught up to her. I was about to give her the coin when she asked me if she could have more than five. What the hell? Really? That's your con? Jeez. I really felt like a sucker. There I was, trying to do a good deed when she decided to try and squeeze a few more bucks outta me. Is my point coming across? She was working me! Dear lord. I told her that that was all I had and continued on my way.

The second thing happened while crushed inside the MRT. There were these two foreigners inside talking. One of them was directly in front of me holding onto one of the straps attached to the steel bar overhead. They were just talking and stuff when this other guy, a grumpy looking man started to move around the car. We were jam-packed. This guy was already annoying. But then he squeezed himself in front of me and took the strap away from the foreigner. That guy just grabbed it and tugged and the foreigner had to let go. He shut up and I felt so bad for him. I felt bad for me and the country! This idiot of a commuter just showed him how rude Filipinos can be! Argh.

Point is, life most certainly sucks. And this realization has absolutely nothing to do with The Downward Spiral of Death (I have to get that trademarked) haha.

No comments: