"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Flashback

Say what you want about One Tree Hill (hey, I'll admit, I've grown tired of the series too) but if there's one thing I'll always remember about this series, it's the Brooke-Lucas relationship.

The popular girl and the loner outsider. The cheerleader and the jock. Their relationship at times has been quite dramatic and chaotic (Luke and his "true love" Peyton, Brooke sleeping with Chris Keller -- Heh, Tyler Hilton was awesome) but at the end of the day, they'll always be, for me, the best couple on the show. Better than awesome Nathan-Haley, tragic Karen-Keith and even Mouth-Shelly/Erica/Rachel/Brooke/Gigi/Millie/MY GOD MOUTH GOT ALL THE HOT CHICKS. You know why? Because you actually believed in them and their love. Some of these pairings on these network shows, they seem forced (See: Any TV show where the sweet innocent girl is with the supreme jerk of (heh, "jerk of") the universe -- What? He's got a sensitive side? JUST SAY HE'S GOT A GREAT BIG MOBY (dick) AND BE DONE WITH IT! Idiot women.) Anyway, their love was the apex of their transformations from unknown to superstar (I'm talking about Brooke) and "love-slut" to loving and committed husband (I'm talking about Lucas falling in love with almost every female lead on the show. I'm still not convinced their isn't a three-episode arc somewhere in their archives showing Lucas and Haley getting it on. Girls and guys cannot be best friends forever, but I digress). At each other's individual peak, they were at their best as a couple. Also, they looked cute together! They had the best "Aaww" moments on the show (more on that later)! I still stand by my assertion that Brooke and Lucas are the meant-to-be couple of this show. Peyton can just die. Maybe draw and then die. Whatever. Hate her.

Wait, where was I again? Oh whatever, point is, I Love Luke and Brooke.

Evidence of their awesomeness:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

My god. Watching those scenes again reminds me of how I was such a sentimental fool back in the day. Wait. SCREW THAT. I AM A SENTIMENTAL FOOL. That was so awesome. TRUE LOVE ALWAYS WINS. (Maybe. Haha.)

And dear reader (all 5 of you), if you're thinking, "That Jeri haha! He must be thinking he can apply this to his own life, crazy (Chee Kee style -- only A-boys will get that)," just keep on reading. 'Til next time.



2 comments:

triplewgf said...

Taena nakakatakot na seryoso.

I sometimes watch the Nathan - Haley kissing in the rain scene, where "Missing You" plays :P

We are both sentimental fools =))

startled said...

I hate you for posting the exhibits. I makes me chessy. AH! Hopeless romantic.

I need to watch the latest seasons though.