"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Reason

Over here at Make Mine Jeri, I like to write a lot about movies. Bad movies, good movies, great movies even. I like movies, who doesn't? They have this unique way about them of getting you excited to see'em when they come out. They're called trailers. And you know, more often than not, the trailer is waaaaaaaaay better than the actual movie itself (see: Fantastic Four 1 & 2, X-Men 3). But it's undeniable, the moment a new trailer is out, you can't help but feel completely awestruck by what you just witnessed. The anticipation for the movie gets doubled once the first teaser hits and you spend the next few months thinking about all the infinite possibilities the movie might hold. Because, after all, that's it isn't it? Infinite possibility. Hope for something amazing.

Star Trek. Terminator: Salvation. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince. G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra. Their trailers have been out for a while now and the movies themselves are all going to be released within the next few months.

The trailers for every single one of these movies have me stoked. This is a banner year for big-budget blockbusters. They have me hopeful. It's quite possible that every single one of these movies will diappoint me in one way or another. But it's highly unlikely that I won't see them within two days of their release, in the cinemas, mind you. Why? Because in times as bleak as these (for all of us, I'm talking about the human race), we need hope. (Also, because I really am a lonely bastard and most, if not all of these movies will be part of my DVD collection in the near future so yeah, I'll need something good to watch on Friday and Saturday nights.) And that's what trailers give us. Movies, the great ones can give you hope, sure. But most of the time, they end up disappointing you. Trailers? They never do.

No comments: