"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Basketball

Yesterday afternoon, Mel and I shot some hoops in Bel-Air. I have to say Mel, you've got game. Haha. I think you eventually matched my 3-point FG output. Haha. It's straight, that's great for a beginner so don't be disappointed.

My shot suffered from fatigue though. Which sucks. I was okay in the beginning but then my shots started coming up short by the end of it. Have to fix that. If I can't hit my shots from the outside, I won't have as much leeway to penetrate. Which we all know, I can't do all that well. If they stick to me, I can jab and ball-fake to get a little daylight and that's all I need. But then they have to stick close to me. Which means I need to be a credible outside threat. The cycle continues. Eventually, I hope to figure out how to play more like Ryan Buenafe and LeBron James (No, Convo, Enzo, guys, stop laughing. I'm being serious). They use their bulk to their advantage and I gotta figure that out. I'm an above-average passer with above-average vision. I can make this work.

Defensively, I think I have to try some unorthodox stuff if I ever get stuck with a coach who wants to play man-to-man D. I ain't that fast. But if I can deny you the ball, mess with your rhythm, I can be effective. In a 2-3 zone though, I ain't got no problems.

Basketball, the first love of my life. It really puts me at ease, shooting and driving and just having fun. The game makes real life seem so far away. Say what you want about it, but there has been no better motto for anything than "I love this game."

No comments: