"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Monday, September 27, 2010

When Life Imitates Art - Doctor Who Style

If you are a fan of Sci-Fi and of good stories in whatever medium in general, you should check out the website io9 and its Morning Spoilers feature (here's the link for the one today). In it, they provide the latest scoop about your favorite TV shows and movies.

The reason I bring this up is because the point of this post comes from their latest bit of Doctor Who news by way of The Press Association. It's actually a quote from series star Matt Smith, who plays the Eleventh Doctor, regarding his co-star, the lovely Karen Gillan, who plays the Doctor's companion, Amy Pond.

Here's the quote:

"She can't die, Amy Pond can't die. No way, I'd be sad. I'd miss Karen. I just think for this particular Doctor, his bond with Amy, I think there's a lot more mileage in it yet. I think there's a long way to go. So I can't see it happening any time soon. Don't worry, I won't let it happen - I'll save her, I'll save the day."

Don't worry, I won't let it happen - I'll save her, I'll save the day.

Fans of the show know how awesome this bit of news sounds and it basically underscores the fact that Smith is perfect for the role. That last line especially, sounds exactly like something the good Doctor himself would say. Suffice it to say, he's been taking notes and has got the role down pat and all Who fans should love him for it.

Long live The Doctor and Amy Pond! Long live Matt and Karen!