"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Monday, September 20, 2010

A Few Things...(Also: Spoiler Alert!)

1. So I picked up Halo: Reach over the weekend...AND IT IS EFFING AWESOME. I've only played it once and put it down after I finished the fourth level but I've seen enough of it to know it's going to go down as one of the greatest Xbox 360 games ever, let alone the best of the Halo franchise. I love how all the weapons are more effective than they were in Halo 3, how the Elites are so hard to properly take down and the gameplay is just sharper than it's ever been. Suffice it to say, the game is as impressive and awesome as they said it would be. I peeked a little at the 5th mission, and if the opening cinematic is any indication, I'm in for an all-out battle with the Covenant on Reach's harsh terrain. Can't wait.

2. On the same day I picked up Halo: Reach, I also got myself a copy of the second part of The Strain Trilogy, The Fall by authors Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. The paperback edition is only some three hundred pages so I'm trying not to rush through it (which I am failing to do since despite my busy schedule, I'm more than halfway through). Despite the fact that, since it's the middle book and you got the exposition and set-up in the first, so with this one, it immediately jumps into the action, I'm finding it moving a little slow. I love the book and all, don't get me wrong, and some of the developments have been interesting, explosive and down right sadistic so I think I'll talk about it all after I finish the entire thing.

3. Got my NBI clearance today (Monday, September 20, 2010) and even if it seemed like a million miles away (N.B. Monumento is VERY FAR from Makati), the process of getting myself cleared was pretty easy. Same with getting my police clearance and cedula. Snaps for the Philippine government!

4. I still have a lot of requirements to finish so I hope I didn't jinx it with that last one haha. *Knocks on wood*

5. Allow me, for one moment, to pour out my feelings.

I hate how, despite understanding that it's okay to be single and that I have tons of friends who love me (or at least like me a lot...or well, tolerate me) blah blah blah, I still feel alone and well, lonely. Like, just an hour ago when I desperately just wanted to talk to someone and I realized I couldn't, (and more importantly in this case, shouldn't), I just felt defeated and lost. It's a crap feeling I go through every now and then and it never fails to bring me down. So there.

6. Tomorrow, I continue my quest to accomplish all of my pre-employment requirements. Here's to that.

7. Castle, Supernatural, Smallville, Glee and whole mess of shows start this week. What bad timing I have, to finally get a job when all my favorite television shows begin their new seasons. Haha.

Okay, so that's it for now. Hope this is a good week for everyone. Toodles!

No comments: