"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Monday, September 13, 2010

Halo: Reach and the Disadvantages of Sticking to a Budget

"Halo: Reach."

"HALO: REACH!!!"

"Haaay-lo Reech!"

"HAY. LO. REEEECH!!!"

As if I needed something else to waste my time with. Look, if you have an Xbox 360, you have got to at least own one Halo game right? And if you actually love the franchise, ISN'T HALO: REACH THE THING YOU'D SELL YOUR SOUL FOR??? Not that I'm an advocate of Faustian acts but HALO: REACH. AMIRIGHT?

The reviews are all positive, the snippets of gameplay scattered all over the internet look awe-inspiring and IT'S THE STORY OF THE FALL OF REACH (prequel to the Halo games starring Master Chief, how the good guys lost and the bad guys glassed a planet). It's an epic and an epic game and it causes people to shout-type in CAPS LOCK, or maybe that's just me, but nevertheless, it's a game you have to have because it is pretty darn good.

And just my luck, I'm committed to about a gazillion other purchase this month. There's The Fall by Hogan and del Toro, the second book of The Strain trilogy which I'm dying to get my hands on and also the X-Men: Second Coming Hardcover, which comes out at the end of the month, among other things. I have no more money for Halo: Reach. (Shoot me now.)

Actually, I do have the resources to pick up the game and all of the other things I want but...I'd be all tapped out afterward. Ay, there's the rub. Ugh.

Materialism is not evil. Having things is good. Having to spend money on them is bad. (Spoken like a true supervillain in the making.)

Time to rob a bank. Or get a job. Whichever is easiest.

No comments: