"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Friday, March 14, 2008

The Prom

What else is there to say?

I fell in love. With every fiber of my being, I loved her. She came first every single time. Hers was the face that sent me to sleep. I made the sacrifices, I endured the hardship. I tried my best to be the best for her. I tried to show her. I tried to be the one for her.

She didn't feel the same way.

Again.

To think that this exact same scenario has played out so many times before. You'd think I would've learned my lesson. I don't think we ever learn from our mistakes. Knowing not to make the same mistake twice is not the same is not making it.

So here I am again. Back at square one, while everyone around me seems to be pairing off and I do mean everyone. Blockmates, classmates, friends, my own brother, the list seems to get bigger and bigger and for some reason I always get left off.

It isn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Is that a good sign? Am I becoming more mature? Or am I just falling into a blackhole of despair, of loneliness? Have I finally realized that I am destined to be alone? (Could I get any lamer?)

One of my favorite episodes of Buffy is on right now, "The Prom." Angel and Buffy break up in this episode so that's a downer. The end though, the end is something special. Buffy defeats the freak of the week and goes to prom, dateless. At the end of the night, Buffy's senior class has given away all the awards save one. The last award is reserved for Buffy. She's been named "Class Protector," as her classmates finally recognize Buffy for who she is, the slayer. Which then leads to this following exchange between Buffy and Giles:

Giles: You did good work tonight, Buffy.
Buffy: And I got a little toy surprise. (She holds up her award, a glittering umbrella)
Giles: I didn't know children en masse could be so gracious.
Buffy: Every now and then people surprise you.
Giles: Every now and then...

And then Angel enters the hall and they have once last dance together.



Someone surprise me please.

No comments: