"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I really hate Wednesdays

I really hate Wednesdays. If there's one day out of all the seven that never fails to make me sad from the moment I open my eyes it's gotta be Wednesday. Middle of the week hell. Wednesday suck the life completely out of me. Argh.

I like Lupe Fiasco. His voice has a good tone to it, (I sound like Paula) he's fresh, smooth, vanilla, (I sound like Randy...I think) and he does have that quality in his rapping that makes you realize that maybe the dude's got it in him to put a whole new spin on the rap game. (I don't sound like Simon.) His songs are mellow but upbeat. For bouncing your head along to. Here's to Lupe.

No one is reading this blog. Haha.

Indiana plays Houston tomorrow. The Rockets are minus Yao but have so far won 3 games without him to extend their winning-streak to 15. That ends tomorrow, Rockets Fans, it most certainly ends tomorrow. (In my dreams.)

Seriously though, I'm liking the direction the team's heading in. The Danger Bros., Danger Granger and Danger Dun are studs that we could build around on. Granger posts up, knocks down treys and defends like a pitbull. Dunleavy surgically cuts up the opponent's D and uses picks to perfection, with or without the rock. The other guys are stepping it up too. Kareem's got a nice offensive game. Jeff is still rock solid down low, rebounding and playing tough low-post defense. Troy's a mismatch for other bigs and Travis, Marquis, Ike and Shawne (Don't talk to murderers please!) are good support players. What does the team lack? A big who can consistently score in the block and a point guard who can get into the heart of the D...which we already have. Damn it. *sigh* I haven't really given up on Jamaal and Jermaine. I'm just hoping that somehow, someway, these negative thoughts I have find their way into our two "stars'" heads and bother the hell outta them. Fellas, you are the leaders of this team! Reggie didn't give up on the franchise so why should you? C'mon! We can still make the playoffs and makes some noise. Get it together! (Or at least get it together enough so we can fool teams into giving us better players in exchange for you....fly my thoughts, fly!)

My thoughts on the MVP race? LeBron of course. (Yes, I hate the Lakers but that's not the point). LeBron James clearly is the most valuable player in the league. Why? Because A) The Cavs are 0-6 without LeBron, 0-7 if you count the the game in which LeBron got injured, against the Pistons. B) In the losses they've suffered with him, he produced big numbers, his teammates didn't. C) The Gasol trade gives the Lakers a legit team even if Kobe doesn't play. If it was Cavs-Lakers and the fives were, Z-Ben Wallace-Wally-Sasha-Boobie and Gasol-Bynum-Odom-Luke-DFish, which five would you go with? To me, MVP is the guy whose absence will affect his team the most. LeBron is that guy. Plus, 30-8-7-2-1. You do the math.

My playoff predictions:
East:

1st Round

(1) Boston vs (8) Indiana

Boston holds on to the top spot, My Pacers are good enough to make it but c'mon, even I know there's no hope here. Boston in 5 (and that's being generous...sorry guys...)

(2) Detroit vs (7) Washington

I say, Gil, Caron and Antawn play together again this season but Gil never really gets his hibachi going and the other guys don't adjust to not shooting..err...playing with Arenas again. Detroit destroys them in game 1. Then game 2. Then game 3. Gil predicts that they can still win the series, Rasheed says otherwise, harsh words are said, more words are said (this time, crazy words) and Gil scores 50 in game 4...on 50 shots. Detroit still wins. Detroit in 4.

(3) Cleveland vs (6) Atlanta

Atlanta figures out that they actually have enough talent to move up in the standings. Joe Johnson scores. Josh Smith dunks. Mike Bibby misses (just playin' Mike). They all bow down to the King who probably opens the playoffs with either a 40-point game or a 35-12-10. All hail the King....Cleveland in 6.

(4) Orlando vs (5) Toronto

The only "real" playoff series in the East. Orlando wins the first 2 at home. Then Toronto gets the next 2. Followed by game 5, Orlando takes games 6 and we have ourselves a game 7. Dwight comes up big in his first big playoff game and the Magic advance to the semis. Orlando in 7.

Semis

(1) Boston vs (4) Orlando

People say Orlando upsets Boston in 7 but KG ain't havin' any of that. "Wait your turn young fella," Garnett says to D-12 after dropping 30-20-10-5 in the deciding game 6. Dwight though shows everyone though who's got next on that best big man tag, averages 27 and 18 for the series. Boston in 6.

(2) Detroit vs (3) Cleveland

Third straight year these two teams will meet, the first 2 times they split. I say LeBron continues his ascension and it's an ex-Piston who comes up big. No, not Ben Wallace. Joe Smith gives Sheed fits because he can actually match-up with him. Cleveland in 6.

East Finals

(1) Boston vs (3) Cleveland

The Big Three vs The King. Boston-Cleveland 2008 turns out to be LeBron's real coming out party. Mark my words, LeBron will redefine the meaning of big-time performer. Get ready to see at least one 50-point game, three triple-doubles (including one 40-15-10) and countless "Yes-LeBron-James-is-the-best-player-in-the-league" montages (deservedly so) AND enough spectacular plays to fill a top 10. BUT, but, I say the Celtics win in 7. Why? Because Kevin Garnett needs to. He realizes that his place in history as the greatest power forward ever hinges on him reaching the finals. Despite LeBron playing god, the Big Three are too much to overcome and KG finally makes it. Boston in 7.

I'll get to the West tomorrow. Toodles.

No comments: