"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Monday, March 31, 2008

The End of an Era

For the first time since Grade 5, I am not looking forward to playing in the intervillage. That's like, a decade. A DECADE. Ten years of the greatest times of my life. I swear to you, apart from the rush I get on November 12 (the day before my birthday) and the euphoria of December 23 (the day before the X-Mas events get underway; the day when the Christmas break seems longest because you're already on vacay yet Christmas is still days away), the months of April and May are my favorite time of the year. I'm in bed, still wide awake even though I should be asleep just dreaming about the possibilities of the intervil. My brain just kicks into overdrive and I can't help but think about my teammates and the games and the park and my jersey...MY JERSEY! Oh how I miss you already. And game day! Oh game day! Everything that makes game day, game day is left to memory. The excitement and thrill of going to the park, putting on my uniform at home instead of doing so at the park, lugging around my jumbo jug, all of it is no more. I think I'm ready to cry. I'm just glad I finally won a championship last year. It felt great, winning it in my last year. First time was the last time! Haha. Amazing. Intervillage is just...wonderful.

Now, I have to move on. It's over. Time to grow up, Jeri. What you loved as a boy is gone. What you need as a man is just over that horizon. Go to it and don't look back. You can do it. And if you cry, well, that's alright. Losing something you love always makes you cry.

No comments: