"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Saturday, July 17, 2010

True Friendship

So it seems that I am in a state of denial-slash-acceptance, over-you-but-not-really and there-is-still-hope-even-if-there-isn't-really. (This makes sense to me, I promise.) When I spend time with you, I am happy. And that's okay. That's alright. You make me happy. Like a friend. Like a real, honest-to-goodness friend.

True friendship is a fantastic thing. It's so rare and you accomplish it with so few people that every time you do figure it out and realize what's going on, it's a lovely thing. And it doesn't all mean anything romantic even - that's something else entirely. It's just a knowing kinda thing, a trust. Like, when you know, you know, and that's that.

Anyway, the point is, I think I've finally accepted it. That you and I will never be together, that she and I are destined to be in each other's lives but not for romantic reasons, that we will only be friends. And it's perfect and I am content with that because...well, I have to be. I have to want it to be.

I think.

No comments: