"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Friday, July 23, 2010

Terrified

Walking home from the Petron building along Buendia reminded me of all those times I'd be walking along Katipunan to get Wok Dis Way or Webtown or McDo or Chili Willy's or Kourtyard or KFC or Burgundy or Rustans or Mind Movers or what have you.

Sorry. Napapa-reminisce. It's been a while. I kinda miss Katipunan you know?

Actually, that is the point of this particular post. I really friggin' miss Katipunan no matter how noisy, dirty or hot it could get. (And more often than not, it was worse.)

I only ever found myself along Katipunan in college because before that, students were confined to the grade school and high school. And after school, I'd go home immediately because I rode the school bus or, for a few years, remain in school because of basketball practice. In college, that all changed. My friends and I would go out to eat in one of the student-friendly restaurants or play in one of the gaming shops. Other people will tell you that I forgot about "drinking," but that's only because I don't drink.

(I know, shocking.)

Anyway, so walking along Jupiter kinda reminded me of those good times. The freedom and spontaneity of it all, like, your own personal country, separate from your life at home where you had a different set of rules and privileges. No parents or teachers to reprimand you and you could basically do anything you want.

College was great. Now it's time to move on. The most important part of this post shouldn't be the "missing" part but the fact that I went to the Petron building along Buendia ave. I had my P&G test today. And I passed. And I am one step closer to landing a job. Huzzah.

I am not excited, I am not thrilled but the same time I am not sad that I passed. I'm still stuck in the past and I realize this is bad because the future is where I need to be. Getting a job is the first step into my future and it's scary and daunting and terrifying but it is necessary, absolutely necessary to growing up.

No comments: