"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Transformers: War For Cybertron

I read a review saying that Transformers: War For Cybertron would be less received if it wasn't a Transformers game. That could possibly be true since half the fun is living the dream of being Optimus Prime (complete with Peter Cullen voice) and blowing 'Cons to holy hell. (The other half is Warpath who sounds almost exactly like he did in the cartoon.)

Well you know what? I do not care. Did you read that up there? I GET TO PLAY AS OPTIMUS PRIME. That alone makes it worthwhile. You also get to play as other Transformers (Megatron, Soundwave, Sideswipe, Ironhide, etc.), the story is supposedly in sync with the cartoon's continuity and you can watch the credits to the sound of a wailing Stan Bush. As a Transformers fan, it's a pretty sweet deal.

Sure, it gets annoying when I accidentally transform while in the middle of a fight (the transformation button is on the left joystick, which you use to move) and the game is pretty short but it's the best Transformers game to date so it's easy to overlook the imperfections.

The inevitable sequel should have longer campaign modes, split-screen co-op and escalation (Split-screen is quickly becoming a thing of the past!), even more Autobots and Decepticons to choose from, combiner-capability and more Stan Bush. Those are my list of demands. I patiently await for the next game.

Transform and roll out.

No comments: