"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Battle Rifle From Halo 3

I played Halo 3 again today. I love the Battle Rifle. My God has there ever been a more perfect bullet-firing, assault rifle? (I qualify that because I realize that there are tons of fictional guns out there that are going to make me look stupid. But hear me out.)

The Battle Rifle has got zoom capabilities and a semi-auto rate of fire. That's all. And I love it. I mean, just use the damn thing, you'll love it, I guarantee it. It's good for close-up battles. Say you bust into a room and all of a sudden there are those little grunts in front of you. Whip out the Battle Rifle, strafe and keep a lead on your shot and boom, instant frags. Say there are armored Brutes waiting for you at the end of road. Scope up and aim for their little mouths, the only things without armor-plating. Boom, one shot, one kill. Shielded troops got you pinned down? Aim for the little holes and you got'em. No time to reload and there's a Brute about to tear you a new one right next to you? Melee the bastard and kick his ass. I've used this gun more often than any of the other weapons in the game (save for the Plasma Rifle). I think the guys at Bungie new how awesome the weapon was that's why they only gave it 144 shots. The one problem I have with this thing is that I use it too much hence I'm always scrounging for ammo. You can argue that the Assault Rifle can do everything I said the Battle Rifle could do minus the zoom and the semi-auto capabilities but then I'd just tell you that that was it. Those two things make this weapon so damn effective. One burst is all you need sometimes. The crosshairs on the Battle Rifle are much more accurate than the ones on the Assault Rifle and that makes all the difference. Trust me, if you have to go with one gun the whole game, it's the Battle Rifle. Master Chief is pleased.

No comments: