"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Friday, April 10, 2009

What If...?

...The Indiana Pacers did not get Danny Granger in the '05 draft?

That would be terrible. The '05-'06 team, and I use the word loosely, had Ron Artest/Peja Stojakovic, Jermaine O'Neal, Stephen Jackson, Jamaal Tinsley and Anthony Johnson. And Danny. And he played well that year and the Pacers made the playoffs for the last time as the Pacers veteran leaders imploded the following summer which in turn turned the Pacers, for all intents and purposes, into Granger's team. Yay. Had the Pacers not lucked out (remember, guys like Fran Vasquez, Channing Frye and Yaroslav Korolev were picked before him) and not found Danny still team-less by the time it was their turn at number 17, they coulda gotten one of the aforementioned busts or one of the players selected after Danny such as Gerald Green, Julius Hodge and Hakim Warrick (though Nate Robinson, Jarrett Jack, Francisco Garcia, David Lee and Monta Ellis were also still available, I would assume that Green, Hodge and Warrick woulda been picked because Granger and them are similar players.). This would've been another Freddie Jones scenario. Good guys at first with lots of potential but eventually not turn out well for Indy. Thank God.

...I did not go to Ateneo and taken my parents' offer of a larger allowance if I went to UP?

I assume a lot of things would've changed. And the more I think about it, my life would be totally different. So many of the people I know today would not be a part of my life, for better and worse. WOW. I'd probably be hanging out with the rest of the A-boys in UP and not know a good 90% of the people I know today. But bigger allowance means more comics. Haha. But still, the events that have played out over the past 3 years...wow. That's a Sliders episode if I ever saw one. Or at least, a knocked-on-the-head-put-into-a-coma-for-a-few-days story. I wonder...

...I had continued with basketball?

Among the greatest regrets I have in life, this stands out. I think this would've also drastically altered my life. I mean, I'd probably be a better player than I am today and have a totally different mindset about college and the future. Also, I think I'd be fitter. Haha. Wait, fitter's a word right? Moving on, I'd be a baller and all. I could've made the team even. Why are you laughing??

...I was not an A-Boy?

Yikes, let's not even go there. That's a Days-of-Future-Past type story.

...Oceanic Flight 815 never crashed on the island?

What if Desmond waited a day later to decide to frak things up and not push the button? What if another plane, maybe a smaller one carrying LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers would've crashed on the island. Or no, better yet, the plane should've been carrying the 2004 NBA All-Stars. Think about it. We'd lose Jack, Kate and Sawyer (and Hurley and Charlie and Sun) but we'd get LeBron T-Mac and Shaq and Kobe and KG and all on the island. You think Ben and the Others would ever mess with them? I think not! Though I think KG would've sided with them if it gave him a better chance at winning a title. He'd be Michael. Shaq would replace Locke (he'd be able to "run" again) and Kobe would be Kate because of all the legal stuff. Also, Ron Artest would be Sawyer. It would pretty much be a sausagefest though.

...Chad Murray (Made you think for a sec who that was no? Ha!) and Ben Mackenzie had their fates switched and they starred on the other's TV show?

Think about it. Nathan and Lucas would probably still be fighting to this day and Seth would've probably fallen in love with Ryan. Haha.


No comments: