"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Thursday, June 12, 2008

MABUHAY!

Happy Independence Day folks! Haha. In honor of our country's continued freedom I will now come up with a new list. A list of...FREEDOM! Okay not really. What I really mean is I don't have a topic yet. Give me a few minutes and I'll thinka something.

(Away for approximately 13 minutes)

Okay, I have returned...with nothing.

So maybe I won't make a list. How 'bout some random thoughts?

I like Xiaolin Showdown...
Praying that Marvel turns Annihilation into a movie...
DOC PLEASE PLAY EDDIE HOUSE!...
It's weird sometimes when I'm walking in Ateneo, alone and sweaty and tired of walking and not having anywhere to go. I look around and see all these people and it's amazing that in Ateneo, I feel so alone. You have to realize, Ateneo is such a small place and if I find myself feeling lonely there, what more in the outside world?...
For all the emo people in the world (there are a lot) why don't you try being a loner for a while. Try it. Go ahead, alienate yourself from the rest of the world. It'll turn you around. I did that once. Made me realize how stupid being emo is. Yeah, I moped and sulked and became a loner because I was so sad and angry at the world but afterwards, I realized how tiring it is to avoid people, to do things by yourself. It's an exercise in futility because you aren't happier away from the world, no matter how much you believe in the opposite. Sure, it's good for thinking and contemplating and reflecting but in the end all you do end up figuring out is that you kinda suck for doing this to yourself. The world is harsh, it's a terrible, frightening place but so what? Fight back you friggin' loser, fight back. Just like coach Eric Taylor said on Friday Night Lights: "Every man at some point in his life is gonna lose a battle. He's gonna fight and he's gonna lose. What makes him a man is if in the midst of that battle he doesn't lose himself." You'll only ever lose if you forget who you are. Shit will happen, you'll get covered in it. Well, frakkin' clean yourself up then and take a shower and put on some clean clothes. Then find whoever it was that threw the shit at you and take the fight to him. Don't wuss out, don't hide and sit in the stink. You don't have to be afraid. You don't always have to be in control. Roll with the punches and feel them and strike back. Battles, they're lost not because we aren't strong enough to win. They're lost when you forget to fight back...

Well whaddaya know. I had an independence day post in me after all.

No comments: