"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

JINX! A Random Post

Randomly...

I probably jinxed my fantasy team's championship chances after my recent post about how I was good enough to win it all. A few days later, Danilo Gallinari gets breaks his left thumb and I'm forced to drop him. Derrick Rose might be out for longer than expected too. The worst part is, if I want to have any chance at all of winning, I'm going to have to drop Gallo. And I don't want to. Basketball, in whatever form is about love. I've had Gallo since the beginning. He was one of my prized draft picks. And now, because of his injury, if he stayed on my team, he'd end up a non-factor and worse, a liability. I had to drop him. I've done that before but mostly to players who weren't performing well, not one of my stars. Hopefully, when the season is over, I can pick him up again so that he will be part of my final roster (basically, after the season is over, you can still pick-up players just to have them on your team's final line-up) just so I can look back on my team and smile about all the good memories of he (and his stats) gave me. It was fun while it lasted.

Next, I have determined that getting my hair cut is bad luck and leads to bad days. That is all I will say about this topic.

What else? Hmmm. Just found out that the new Doctor Who companion will be played by a relatively unknown actress named Jenna-Louise Coleman. She was in Captain America playing...someone apparently (my money is one of Bucky's girls at the Stark Expo). Well, she's going to be the most Googled/Wiki'd person in all of nerdom over the next few days. Hope she brings the same energy and enthusiasm (also, hotness) that Karen Gillan brought. It's going to be tough replacing Amy Pond but I hope she does well.

I also just saw the trailer for the new Battlestar Galactica show Blood & Chrome. The trailer was fully of Viper-y action goodness which is a good sign, since I Caprica didn't have any of that. I also did not watch any Caprica for that same reason. If the trailer is any indication, B&C should be more well-received from the get go. So say we all!

Also, it's been in the news recently (well, nerd news) that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles under Michael Bay will have a more out of this world origin. Literally, as he plans on turning our heroes in a half shell into aliens. For the love of nerds everywhere, please stop, Michael Bay. You already gave us Devastator balls and racist robots, don't give us this crap as well. There's no good reason to make this change. Aliens and mutants are practically same to the masses. Don't you like mutants, Michael Bay? Also, THEY'RE CALLED TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES. The franchise is named very specifically. Ugh. Come on. You almost ruined Transformers for everyone (can't really call anything with Peter Cullen in it, 'crap,' since you know, he's basically the voice of God), don't do it again.

That's it for now I guess. Hope everyone continues having a good week, or if you're having a bad one, that it turns around. Toodles!

No comments: