"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Friday, March 9, 2012

Stress Itself

Today, Friday, March 9 of the year 2012, was a day unlike any other, and not in a good way.

For some odd, strange reason, for about an hour or so earlier today, I could not do anything right.

This has to be said, I have to say it, because damn if it wasn't a pleasant experience.

There I was, in front of my desk making mistake after mistake after mistake. E-mails being sent to the wrong people. Using old templates and forgetting to change the details. Failing to properly respond to people's questions. It got so bad that when I was correcting my mistakes, I was still making some. How does that happen?

Taking stock of the whole thing, I'm blaming it on stress. My job can be very stressful. In my line of work, when you screw up, it ain't the end of the world, but the clients' whose assets you're handling are likely to take offense. In some cases, it's not even totally my fault but because I work in marketing and customer service and deal directly with the client, I get the brunt of it.

That can put me under a lot of stress and pressure. And I guess I broke a little today.

You know what? It felt good. It felt good to be out of sorts and angry and scared and a little crazy and manic. It felt good to feel those things but it felt even better to know that I could survive things like that.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? Guess I gotta believe that.

No comments: