"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Freedom

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime, 2012 Presidential Candidate

Okay, just kidding. But if Optimus Prime (voiced by Peter Cullen, natch) were to run for president of the United States, I'd vote for him (so would you), he'd win (undoubtedly) and it will be the greatest thing ever (unquestionably). But I digress.

You see, today was my day-off from work. We had some kooky, only-for-us holiday and my co-workers and I were afforded a free day. Oh how sweet it is.

See, the mere idea of a holiday from work makes me giddy, especially if it comes after a work day. Those last few minutes before the end of the day are a bag of uncontrollable, electric excitement. There's so much energy and love generated by the prospect of no work that you're overcome with joy.

And even that cannot compare to the actual holiday itself. One whole day without responsibilities and burdens and stress? Fantastic! And today I didn't do anything work-related. I just watched TV, used the computer and just relaxed. I had lunch with my girlfriend (something we used to do every day but had to stop because of work) for the first time in a long time and it was grand. Seeing her was definitely the best part of my day.

Of course, even I do not advise having too many holidays (What am I saying?). Too much of a good thing blah blah blah. Sometimes, one can get sick of too much free time (even I admit it). After all, what makes the freedom fun is the fact that you're free of something, and if you aren't beholden to anything, you will never be able to experience that particular kind of happiness.

1 comment:

Gretchen Makee Wilwayco said...

We'll have more holiday lunch dates soon, when my office gets its turn at a kooky holiday :D