"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Monday, December 8, 2008

All I Want For Christmas...

...Nah, I ain't going there. Too many people are wanting too many things, you feel me? There's too much 'I want' and 'I wish' going on.

The reason I love the Christmas season (okay, fine, besides the money and gifts and food) is the fact that sometimes, you get the feeling. That Christmas feeling is just, in a word, not awesome nor legend(-wait for it...)ary but...hope.

That's all Christmas should really be about. Hope. Hope for whatever it is you're hoping for. Extra cash. A new iPod. Salvation. Whatever. It's just hope, you know? That's all it is.

I like walking alone at night in school during this time. The weather's cool and put-your-hands-in-your-pocket-y. The little pinpricks of cold air help you realize that it's the best time of the year. And it seems as if the night's even brighter than the day thanks to all the gorgeous lights hanging around all over Ateneo. It's easy to get lost in sentimental musings and thoughts during this time of the year. You get caught up in all. And why not, right?

I'm not going to wish for anything this year. I'm going to try to not want anything. If I get something good, by all means, excelsior! But I ain't gonna gripe if I don't. The feeling will be enough. And I know hope is technically wanting something but I think it's just acknowledging that there's something missing in our lives and that it's not completely unreachable...just out of reach for the moment. Hope is not wanting but waiting. I'm gonna wait. I'm gonna hope. And smile as I take in the sights and the lights.

No comments: