"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend Post

Friday, July 4, 2008.

Stat test day. Fun test. Not hard at all. The cancer question confused me though haha. Got home at around...10. Did my marketing homework. Lasted for 4 hours because in between, the mahjong-based game here on the computer had me completely in its jaws, chewing away at every last bit of my dignity. Damn 'Fortress' map. Anyway, I finally turned in at around 2 and fell asleep at 230.

Saturday, July 5, 2008.

Whilst in Marivic's car at the paseo de roxas/buendia intersection, the greatest song in the world, the song that (sorry Madonna) should and very possibly could save the world, "When I Grow Up" played on the radio. The awesomeness of any band/group/performer/singer/anyone-who-wasn't-on-American-Idol-and-didn't-leave-with-a-contract can always be judged by the moral values it tries to impart on the listeners. I mean, the lyrics (assuming that they themselves wrote them) can be a window into a person's soul. That's why I can safely say that The Pussycat Dolls are AMAZING. "Boobies" indeed. Don't think they were talking about Daniel "Boobie" Gibson here. The fact that I heard it for the second week in a row, in the same exact car on the same exact day must be alluding to the fact that it was an act of god. The god of all things terrible.

Anyway, after surviving "Boobies" (the real title of the song), I had Marketing. I like Marketing, really, I do. I just can't get past it being a Saturday class. I can't study for it. It's a saturday class. Argh. My teacher's really cool though (hi sir, if you're reading).

Then we went and had lunch at my lola's because it was my tito's bday. The food was of course great. The dessert was too (how I love you my banana cream pie). But the real story of that lunch is that I went in a poor boy and came out a Spartan. Yes, I HAVE HALO. HALO. H. A. L. O. HALO!!!! THREE! HALO 3! YAY. YAAAAAY!!!!! I proceeded to play with it for the rest of the afternoon until we had to leave for Chub's party.

Chub, my cousin from the states, will be turning 13 on wednesday, the 9th. He celebrated it though on Saturday, in Shakey's in Maga. We arrived late and the rest of my extended family were there na. I only had mojoes because I wasn't feeling the chicken and pizza. Also, blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah! You know why? BECAUSE HALO 3!!!!! Even with my head throbbing in pain after only having 3 and half hours of sleep the night before, I couldn't be stopped from donning Master Chief's helmet and kicking Brute and Flood ass. That game is a bitch to play on Heroic though. Crap. Legendary must...wait for it...Legendary. Daaamn.

July 6, 2008

1-0 baby. Good job Ateneo. That game was freaking outstanding. Here are the highlights of the Ateneo win:

-We broke the jinx. Papa used to be the malas of the Ateneo Blue Eagles but we beat them tonight with Pops in attendance. It took mucho convincing from me, mama, Mikey an d Marina, but we got him to go. He, Tito Boy and Tito Randy were all there so it was a sight to see. Sayang, wala lang si Tito Gelo. Oh well.

-Jobe Nkemakolam (whose name I looked up because I didn't know how to spell it, sorry Jobe) is AMAZING. He was the best player out there today when it came to standing up to Team Thug. Dude was straight up street out there. He fouled out but he threw some well-placed bows (Right Rico?), scored on some strong post moves and locked down the paint. Great game from the man I will know call Kung Fu Panda. There is no charge for awesomeness. Indeed.

-Boulder Baldos, Nonoy and Vince Burke. Nice job protecting the paint boys. Fouls aside, you guys played very well. Better luck next time Justin Chua, maybe against NU?

-Rabeh Al Hussaini, what can I say? He blew that dunk and air-balled that ill-advised jumper. But he was channeling his inner Kareem out there with those sweeping hooks. Good lookin' out big fella. Keep this up and you might just make it three-for-three for Ateneo centers A. V. (after Villanueva) who brought their games to a whole 'nother level in their last years. Just don't miss anymore dunks okay?

-The backcourt play of all the Ateneo small men. Brilliant boys, simply brilliant. La Salle press what?

-Chris Tiu. Let's just say, Hanes should only have one endorser after this one. Chris, you're to Ateneo what JJ Redick was to Duke. And that's a good thing! Believe me, I love JJ. He was on fire tonight and his points had a Larry-like qualit to them as my father pointed out. Silent scorer, big boom maker. If that made any sense.

-Yuri Escueta and Eric Salamat. The aforementioned offense was great (orchestrating, dictating the tempo, etc.) but the defense was Joe D and Isaiah like. Clutch city? Hell yeah.

-Ryan Buenafe, welcome to the Ateneo.

-La Salle...well... :) I won't say anything na lang so that I don't jinx it.

Anyway, it was a great weekend all things considered. Halo 3, great food, easy test and an Ateneo win over La Salle, what else can you ask for?

No comments: