"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekend Food

I eat a lot. I eat a lot (it bears repeating). This weekend was no exception. Here are some of the things I had over the past two days (after the jump):




I will always enjoy putting different names on my cups/glasses. Allons-y!
After dinner yesterday, my girlfriend and I sought out something sweet to supplant the savory sensations swirling in our saliva after a sumptuous Japanese meal at Crazy Katsu. (Pork Ginger, P140, THE BEST!).

Maginhawa Street located in Teacher's Village in UP is a haven for all sorts of restos and hangout spots suited for foodies of all types. So on the way to dinner, we spotted some other places along the way that seemed to be worth a look-see. One of these, A Taste of Heaven, is where I got that milkshake you see above.

I ordered the Strawberry Cheesecake milkshake (and named myself The Doctor for a night!) and at less than P100 (Can't remember if it was P95 or P85) it was already a steal. The fact that it was tasty and delicious made it all the more awesome. Thick and creamy, it tasted like strawberry ice cream and had plenty chunks of cheesecake. I definitely enjoyed it.* My girlfriend, Makee, ordered the Kit Kat milkshake but wasn't satisfied by it, noting that it could have used more Kit Kat. The chances of me suggesting a repeat trip are high, and I'll probably try something else.

*I feel obliged to say this every time I have a milkshake from somewhere other than GRAMS Diner, but GRAMS Diner has the best milkshake. Period. Nothing will ever replace it on the top of my list. Their Malt milkshake is heavenly. Extra malt pa? Damn! Swear. Even Spot said so!

Any dish with shrimp is immediately 10x better.





The other notable dish I tried was Vietnamese Spring Rolls from Stevie's (the Hainanese Chicken guy). Filled to bursting with lots of greens (including mint leaves) and rice noodles, plus chicken and shrimp, we had this with our lunch (to balance out the fatty Lechon) earlier today. I'm not a big veggie guy, but I loved this. The peanut sauce it came with was real tasty and went well with the subdued flavor of the roll-up. My mom mentioned that the order of 15 long pieces cost P1,050, which isn't so bad! I'm hoping we order more of this in the future. It would be nice to develop an appetite for more guilt-free fare!

Aside from this, I had a cinnamon sugar doughnut from Gavino's which was really good (and cheap, P29 lang!), some mango cream pie ice cream (some of it crumbled and fell on the floor *sad face*), the aforementioned pork ginger and lechon, and some Banoffee Pie and Apple Caramel Crumble Pie from Banapple! Suffice it to say, it was another great weekend of food.

No comments: