"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Friday, January 20, 2012

If I Could Draw

If I could draw, I'd draw you a picture of our future together, sixty years from now.

I'd draw us old and wrinkly, sitting on a couch surrounded by our children and grandchildren. Family photo-style, with everyone looking their best, the young ones itching to breakaway from the stillness and continue with their playing. It is, after all, a big house with sliding doors and spacious salas and a garden covered in inviting green grass, perfect for seven-year olds to play on. A classical family home with modern amenities and furnishings. Two cars and in the garage (older models but in good condition) and a porch with a swing. There would be a table of sisig and paella and other food somewhere in the background, since we'd be celebrating an anniversary or holiday (I haven't decided yet). You know I'd have to draw the food perfectly, complete with those squiggly lines rising from the dishes for added effect. The pudgiest of our apos will be so intently focused on the food and will be closest to that table. He's so adorably mischievous. Scattered throughout would be pictures of you and me: on our wedding night, our eldest's college graduation, our youngest grandchild's first birthday -- you know, just the important events. Like the one I'm trying to capture now. Of course, before finishing the picture, I'd make sure I got all our faces right. (The youngest, a wee baby, delighted by the flashing light, will be the hardest to draw because I have to capture her glee and astonishment.) Cheerful, smiling and content. Especially, yours and mine. Old and wrinkly and happy.

Wouldn't that be a beautiful picture?

That is, if only I could draw.

No comments: