"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekend Update with Jeri Favis

Friday:

Gotta say, cramming is not good FUN! That damn Marketing paper...
Bought my comics that day too. I got like 10 of them and that was great. Here's what I got:

Booster Gold # 1,000,000 - Not part of my list but I like Booster. He's doing his thing and no one knows how heroic and brave he's been. He nearly gave up in this issue but he didn't. That's a real hero. Picked this issue up because it was Geoff Johns' last issue or somethin' on the book and it had that Booster and Bats moment that was great.

Ultimate Spider-Man # 124 - "But if I had to guess I'd say it was 'Fett'" Haha. Great moment there.

Invincible Iron Man # 4 - Solid book. Might not drop it after the first arc.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (forgot the issue number) - Continued the Fray story. Color me interested. The last page reveal, that I did not see.

Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers # 2 - The series has been okay. I like the dynamics between the Runaways. I should really get the first hardcover.

Secret Invasion: Thor # 1 - Liked it. Beta Ray Bill!

Green Lantern Corps # 27 - Liked Luke Ross' art. Patrick Gleason's art isn't really my cup of tea. Can't wait for the next issue.

Captain Britain and MI: 13 # 4 - This series started with a bang and ended with John dying. I like the book, very fresh. "No more speeches," was a great moment.

King-Size Spider-Man Summer Special # 1 - Very long title, very good read. While I bought it because I heard Keith Giffen was contributing, I found his story to be the weakest mainly because it stuck out as the only "dark" story of the bunch. All of the light-hearted, colorful stories were great and just like everybody else, I loved the origin recap.

Secret Invasion # 5 - Bad ass moments from Reed, Agent Brand, Maria Hill, Hawkeye and Captain Marvel. I liked it. The art, I don't think Leinil Yu is suited for a comic with a lot of characters in it because his background drawings aren't all that nice to look at. Can't wait for the conclusion.

Saturday:

Felt the effects of cramming the Marketing paper during class yesterday morning. I couldn't stay awake. Spent some time with Mama and got a free cup of Starbucks to boot!
NU was such a tease racing to that big lead and fooling all of us watching. Damn Edwin Asoro.
Went to mass then went to Rockwell and watched Team USA kick the crap out of Spain. Some notes about the game:

-LeBron. James. Is. UNBELIEVABLE.
-So much for the Gasol brothers...
-Deron Williams and Chris Paul...whoo. I'd take Williams though. Just because I think he is a stone-cold killer. Paul is a superduper point guard too but I like Williams better.
-Tayshaun Prince = scoring option?
-Ricky Rubio! Didn't do much but he looked okay out there.
-Welcome back Dwyane Wade.
-Human Victory Cigar for the game: Michael Redd
-Those Olympic refs are almost as bad as the UAAP refs.
-Kobe when in doberman mode = awesome (defense)
-Kobe when in mamba mode = terrible (offense)
-I think LeBron James will have his best season yet this year. Right now, no one's as good as him (save maybe Wade) and now that he has Mo Williams, the Cavs might just make it back to the finals. I didn't like that they lost Joe Smith though. They need another veteran big and another wing player. Mo and Boobie are great but you can't put them in at the same time because that's a small backcourt.

Sunday:

Had a great lunch in Cafe Juanita. The food was excellent and the dessert was awesome.
The game was great too since we won and Tonino got to score. Makes me wonder talaga if I should've continued playing for Ateneo. Eric Salamat is a machine and Rabeh is playing really well. I don't think they're afraid of anyone at this point. Bring it on.

So that's been my weekend so far. No school tomorrow and Tuesday but I have that couples thing for Fr. Dacanay so that's a bummer. Oh well. Later.

No comments: