"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Up In The Air Thoughts; You Had Me At Hello, George

So I just finished watching Up In The Air, the celebrated George "Yes, I was a Batman too" Clooney movie, co-starring Anna "This is the movie people referred you to if you watched Pitch Perfect and asked 'What else has she done?'" Kendrick, Vera "Be My Textmate" Farmiga and a host of others, directed by Jason "Son of Ivan" Reitman.

I missed its first go around back in 2009 because at the time, I really didn't know what the movie was about. And before tonight, I still didn't know what it was about but hey, I like Kendrick and Clooney, plus my girlfriend said it was a good movie, so I decided to check it out. My thoughts after the jump.



- Honestly? The short Zach Galifianakis cameo is my favorite part of the movie. Quirky and weird and hilarious as all get out. Especially since we had Danny McBride not playing a typical Danny McBride character.

- Anna Kendrick is a revelation in Pitch Perfect, but she's absolutely fantastic hear. Her crying scene was exceptionally done because of how awkward and embarrassing it was. And the fact that she fired J.K. Simmons was pretty cool for me as a comic book reader, since I think Kendrick could play Ultimate Mary Jane Watson (comic thing, don't ask, just wiki) and Simmons played J. Jonah Jameson in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films.

- Vera Farmiga is really, really, really pretty.

- "Life's better with company. Everyone needs a co-pilot."

- Jason Bateman annoys the hell out of me when he isn't playing a typical Jason Bateman character. I can't see him as a figure of authority. Ironic since he was one of the leads in Horrible Bosses. To quote Ryan, "I stereotype, it's faster."

- Sam Elliot's mustache is glorious. 

- The "twist" at the end was unexpected until 10 seconds before it happened. Still, it was effective. That b*itch. (Vera is still really pretty though.)

- George Clooney, for all his awesomeness, is not an actor I've seen much of, especially these past few years. And I blame myself for it. Guy can act, you know it and now I know it. His work these past few years hasn't been exactly my cuppa tea, but if I ever catch one of his movies that I haven't seen yet on TV, I'm gonna take in some of it.


No comments: