"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Monday, June 10, 2013

Neatness of the Week

Well, we'll have to be a little loose with the definition of 'week.' This is basically a list of all the things I enjoyed these past few days, because the world would be better off if everyone appreciated these occurrences too. (At least, that's what I think.)

1. Bistro Group Discounts

My friends and I enjoyed a fabulous merienda this past weekend at T.G.I. Friday's in Trinoma. My girlfriend treated us to mojitos, nachos, Oreo/ice cream hockey pucks and more. And she was able to do this with the help of some pretty neat discounts from the Bistro Group. It was not the first time we've availed of their promos (our dinner at Village Tavern a two weeks ago was a steal with the voucher we used) and it definitely will not be the last.

2. Global Frequency

Warren Ellis is one of my favorite comic book writers. Some of his works that I've enjoyed include The Authority, Planetary and Nextwave, Agents of H.A.T.E. He also wrote Global Frequency, a title that's regularly bandied about whenever there's a discussion about Ellis' best works.

I recently picked up a copy of the entire series in trade paperback form (Thanks to my girlfriend). I'm only a few issues in but I can definitely vouch for the validity of those claims.

Global Frequency is the name of an organization that employs a thousand men and women, experts in various fields (mostly fighting and doing awesome stuff), to defend humanity against whatever threats come crashing down upon them. It's full of high-concept Sci-Fi, great characters and Ellis' own brand of wit and charm. I encourage everyone to get a copy of their own.

3. Prawn Puffs & 4. Chili Cheese Fries

This weekend, I had (on separate occasions) Prawn Puffs and rice from Paotsin and Chili Cheese Fries from Burger Project. Mmmmmm. The memory alone has me salivating.

(No pictures because I already ate them before I could take any.)

5. Man of Steel

This week, the Superman movie Man of Steel premieres. I am really looking forward to this. As you can tell, I am a comic book fan. I take this stuff seriously. Superman is one of my favorite characters and if you ask me 'why,' I won't be able to give you a good answer except for "Because he's Superman." It's in the name really. He's everything we aspire to be. Suffice it to say, I cannot wait to go see this movie.

6. LeBron James

If you haven't been swept up into it yet, the NBA Finals are in full swing and the series is currently tied 1-1 between the San Antonio Spurs and the Miami Heat. I'm a big LeBron James fan, so I'm pulling for him to get his second straight championship and finals MVP (Yes, even after he beat my Indiana Pacers). 

The Heat won game 2 with James authoring one of the most scintillating 45 seconds of basketball ever. He negated a Tiago Splitter dunk attempt, assisted on a Ray Allen three-pointer, came up with a steal and finished the sequence with a thunderous two-handed jam. The Block, the Dime, the Steal and the Slam. It was ridiculous. You only see that in video games. He's a rim protector, distributor, elite perimeter defender and an aerial assault all in one. We truly are witnesses.


No comments: