"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Avenge The Avengers

Reading about how Marvel Studios is low-balling its actors is so disheartening. Salary negotiations are always tricky, but come on. This is borderline ridiculous. 

Look, I'm a true True Believer. I love Marvel Comics. When they first announced The Avengers, I was excited as all get out. After watching the stinger after Captain America: The First Avenger, I violently avoided (not an exaggeration) all trailers and previews for the movie. I saw it twice on opening day, and four times in five days. I loved it. I love Marvel, Marvel's The Avengers and Marvel Comics. 

So much love went your way these past few years, Marvel Studios. All thanks to giving us a few spectacular, long-awaited movies.

Then I hear they don't want to pay to play. What gives? You're revenues are in the BILLIONS with these movies, you can't spare 1% to pay the actors who helped you get there in the first place? I mean, after the success and triumph, why must you do something so counter-productive as threatening to get rid of the actors who we've all fallen (mostly) in love with? It's sickening and uncomfortable to hear now as rumors. If they become facts, fact that.

Why-o-why must you do this to me, to us, to your loyal fans, Marvel Studios? Give us the carrot, then bash us with the whip while we're eating it.

I know it's early, and there's still time, but come on. There's frugality and there's greed. Guess which word your fans would use to describe what you're doing. There's still time to come to your senses. Give your actors all a raise. Make them feel appreciated. Make your fans feel like you're doing everything to give them what they want.

Come on, you aren't Warner Bros. Don't screw this up.



No comments: