"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Monday, February 6, 2012

The Snail



The picture at the top of this post is of the snail that greeted me as I was about to get into the car early this morning. It's Monday, the start of another week of work, work, work. That's why I think it poignant that I found this little guy. Every second of every day of its life is work, work, work, work, work, agonizing work. You know when your internet connection is really slow and you try watching a video and you stare at the progress bar hoping it miraculously fills up faster to no avail? Watching the snail move was like that, but slower, if that's possible. That happens to a snail every single day.

So at this point, you're probably thinking, Oh right, dude's comparing himself to the snail. Well you're wrong, I'm the car! Kidding. Of course I'm the snail. Anyone who has a job they don't like much is the snail. Anyone who feels like life is meaningless and mundane and boring and a terrible slow crawl into obscurity is the snail. But you know what? The snail will get to where its going eventually. The trick is, you've got to know where it is you're headed first. The snail does. And if we knew where we were going, maybe we wouldn't be in such a hurry to get there.

If we could all be a little more like Sheldon (I named it), then I guess things wouldn't be so bad. Slow down every once in a while and stop rushing. It's hurrying that leads to worrying you know? We'll get there. We just gotta take our time.

No comments: