"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Monday, February 20, 2012

Randomly, I Post

It's Monday, February (I always have trouble spelling this particular month for some reason. Just thought I'd share) 20, 2012 and I am home early enough that I willed myself to start a new post, since I haven't written a new entry in some time.

(Actually, I started this post about an hour ago, but because of certain circumstance (i.e. my hungry wanting its dinner) I had to leave the computer for a while.)

As I type this, I am currently battling an above average headache. These occurrences are not rare and do in fact happen a lot but I usually power out of them (naks) and just will myself to not feel the effects. Eh, I need to write.

Let's see, work's been okay these past couple of weeks. It's nothing I can't handle (naks x2). Just more of what I'm used to (So am I saying, I am not used to it?) so it's not like I've been running around with my head cut off.

My fantasy team is slowly dying. Well okay, I'm still no. 2 in my league despite Derrick Rose and Danilo Gallinari being hurt because Serge Ibaka, Rodney Stuckey and Monta Ellis have been providing me with standout performances but relying on Baron Davis' ghost, Raymond Felton's jelly belly and Mike Beasley's maddeningly inconsistent game won't win this league for me. And I need to win, if only because I don't want to lose to my classmates. We're playing for pride you know?

I watched Justice League: Doom last night, which sadly isn't about the League facing off against Victor Von Doom. It was...average. It's based on a Mark Waid JLA story from the 90's which saw Bats' contingency plans to take down various members of the team should they go dark side get stolen by a villain and used to nearly kill our heroes. I haven't read the story, but I understand that it was very well-received. This movie however failed to excited me beyond hearing the old Justice League Unlimited voice cast (plus Nathan Fillion) reprise their roles from the show. I guess it was because they while JLU used all mostly original plots, adapting a comicbook story, even if I hadn't read it, sapped it of all the excitement I should have felt. It was all plot, no heart. Everything about it felt by-the-numbers. So, there. The new animation style didn't help either.

And yes, I also didn't enjoy it because Michael Rosenbaum, the man responsible for making Wally West my favorite leaguer, was stuck playing Barry Allen. Ugh. Plus, how can we take Aquaman seriously if he was removed from this in place of...Cyborg? God I hate the New 52.

On the other hand, the first episode of the new season of Transformers Prime was everything I hoped for and more. I love this show. Even the kids weren't as annoying this time around! Also, I think I'm in love with Peter Cullen's voice.

Anyway, my headache is getting worse. I'm going end this for now. Hope I can post more frequently in the coming weeks.

TTFN!

No comments: