"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Me, A Man

The man with the grey, grid line-printed shirt had his back to me. He, along with a woman with two-piece gold earrings and an elegantly designed shawl were four in front of me. Next to them was another man, head down in concentration and behind him was a woman, the top of her head glowed a reddish hue. In the row in front of me to my right was yet another man, eyes closed and praying deeply. A league of extraordinary people if there ever was one.

Slowly, the room began to fill with more.

And beside me, a man, cross and beads in his hands. On his knees he prayed, effortlessly shielding himself from all other thoughts and distractions as he murmured inaudible words, fears, hopes and acknowledgements of his being. A plain of white, silver and black covered his scalp. He is my father.

I am not a religious man, but he is. For all his faults, for all his accomplishments, he belongs to something deeper and more meaningful. He loves his family with all his heart, and is fearful of God. Were I to become half of the man he is, that would be enough.

No comments: