"It is critical you pay attention at this time..."

I need to increase my readership haha
- JFav

Monday, December 7, 2009

Fantasy!

So after a 14-4 start to the season, I have come back down to earth. My record for the past 4 weeks is 18-18. Not bad, not good, just really mediocre.

I'm lucky I think. My record could've been worse. Timely injuries of course, were the main factor in all of this. My team has been hurt for the past month. Hurt players do not have stats and therefore do not contribute. Erick Dampier has been hurt. Andrei Kirilenko. Troy Murphy was hurt at the start of the year, came back and has not been producing as much as I think he can. I signed Mike Dunleavy Jr. and Kevin Martin when they were still injured but Mike's come back and is giving me some decent numbers. Injuries are part of the game. I understand. I will not complain. I will hope though. Because in a good week? My team will kill your team.

What is a good week first and foremost? Well it's a week where none of my guys are hurt. Production matters. And if all my guys are producing, my team will kill your team. I know, you can say that about all fantasy teams. But does your team have 5 guys who can potentially go for triple-doubles? Andre Iguodala, Russell Westbrook, Deron Williams, Monta Ellis and Tyreke Evans are all capable of that. They're a group of ultra-athletic, quick and strong types who can fill-up many different categories. Guys can get me steals and 3's too. Jeff Green and Murphy are versatile bigs who can play inside or out, grab boards and shoot a high percentage on free throws. Dampier can get me 16 rebounds and 3 blocks easy. Aaron Brooks is small but deadly from the outside. Once he gets going, Mike Dun will be a steady diet of 16-5-5 with 2 threes and good percentages. My one guy who has been in a funk all season long? Wilson Chandler. Once he snaps out of it, get ready for some outrageous totals across the board. I'm still waiting for Kevin Martin for crying out loud! Oh and I just picked up Udonis Haslem (had to drop AK) so he's going to give me a boost in boards big time. Really, my team will kill your team.

I think this'll be a good week. After two straight weeks of 4-5 losses, this is the week that will put me back on the top of the standings. No Kevin Martin yet but that won't be a problem. I got this. I may be against Dwyane Wade, Derrick Rose, Tim Duncan and Josh Smith this week but hot damn I feel confident. Here goes nothing.

No comments: